Sanford Fire Insurance Map, 1932. The dividing point. The "Diamond". On the left bottom of the map we see Market Street. It divides into two streets on on each side of the Little Building. To the left of the Little Building is Dresden Ave. To the right of the Little Building is St Clair Ave.
Market street was the dividing point betwen east and west. Streets east of Market were designated east 6th, east 5th and so on, after 1900. West of Market would have been West 6th, West 5th and so on, after 1900.
On the far right of the map is intersection of Broadway, Washington Street and East 6th..
The fountain as it appeared in the 50s was directly opposite of the Little building on 6th Street.
The Little Building, the "centerpiece of "The Diamond".
Southeast corner of Market Street and East 6th Street. The date of this picture would be late 1955 ot later. The Ford in the picture was a 1955 model.
A really great view of the Grand Opera Building. The building with Islay's and Outdoor Army store, etc. on the ground floor.(The East Liverpool Review 1958)
Northeast corner of St.Clair Ave and East 6th Street. This picutre was taken in 1962 or later since the Ford at the very bottom of the picture is a 1962 or 63 Fairlane.Thanks to James Hill on the Facebook site "Memories of East Liverpool, Ohio for the information on the Ford Fairlane.
Proceeding up the East 6th Street on the north side of the street in this 1947 picture you can see some of the businesses that were present.
The Columbia Theater.
Beside the Columbia Theater was the National Lunch. It was a pool hall Lunch counter and in the back one could gamble a bit.
The rest of the north side of East 6th beyond the Columbia Theater.(The Evening Review, Feature Pages March 9, 1974)
The Review, January 25, 1974
Across the Street from the Columbia Theater was the American Theater as it appeared in 1914.