This is the earliest Photo of ELO we have located that shows the Second and Third street area. The date of this photo is 1876. By then the town was already well into its expansion away from the river and its beginnings along 2nd and 3rd street.
Second and Third street was still a commericial center for East Liverpool but Fourth, Fifth and even Sixth was also developing into such as well by this time period.
© 2007-2012 East Liverpool Historical Society