1890. Fifth Street east from Washington. Odd Fellows Building on left. Brunt home in center. Birkett Glass slides.
The Brunt home.
This is where the Post Office, now Museum of Ceramics, would be built.
Corner of Washington, Broadway and 6th Street in the 1890s.
The D. E. McNicol Pottery Co. 1892-1954.E
Broadway & Washington St.
Probably very early 1900s.
Foot of Broadway 1907 flood
January 1943 from the collection of Inger Lloyd.
1970s From the collection of Inger Lloyd.
Thompson Hotel, probably early 1900s.
1970s from the colleciton of Inger Lloyd.
This picture is probably around the same time period, 1900 or so. It shows the Southwest corner of Broadway and E 4th.
The new High School, former location of the Dedrick's home. The High School was built in 1914.
Looking north at the intersection of E 4th and Broadway in the late 50s or early 60s. Changing classes at ELHS.
The white house on the upper right of the picture was the home of Basil Citizen Simms. His daughter Sarah Simms Ostermann continued to live there until her death. It was torn down around 1970 by Kent State who created a paved parking lot for the school. Not certain when it was built --- guess late 1880'-90's. Information complimewnts of Joan Witt and Tim Brookes.